Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Don't judge or condemn others. Forgive those who have offended you. Luke 6:37

Today was an interesting day for me in the weight room. My eigth grade boys were moved on to their second phase of lifting, which means that are given individual workout sheets that are fitted to their fitness level. After each student has come to class and done their regular warm up routine, they go inot their class periods folder and grab their workout sheet. Now most of our boys have been moved on to the second phase of their lifts, but I have one boy in my class that was not handed a workout sheet or moved onto the next phase of his lift because he came into the class late and for maturity reasons was not moved onto the next phase of his lift. I had a one one one conversation with him and told him he needed to act more mature and do his lifts correctly in order to move onto the next phase of his lifts. A few weeks went by and I saw drastic improvments in not only his liftinf form, but also his maturity level. We were on our last week of his first phase, which was the week before christmas break, and I decided when we came back from break he would get his own workout sheet. During this particular class other students were making in fun of this student and telling him he was not stronge and had to lift with the girls. This student just kept working out and kept a smile on his face. But I got to the point were I was so upset with my other classmates that I made them stop lifting and come into my office. I told them that I had given them the second phase of the lift because I thought that they were mature enough to handle the advance lifts that were taking place. I also told them that everyone moves along at their own pace. I told him that my other student was moving onto the next phase when we came back from break and that his form was much better then some of theirs becuase of his hard work and his mature attitude. I told them to apologize and to go up to him and shake his hand. All of my students did so and to my surprise he forgave all of them and continued his workout. I then made it a point to hand him his new phase and he had the biggest smile one his face. I was so happy that he kept his mature attitude and excepted all of their apologies. This made me think of the bible verse quote,"Don't judge or condemn others. Forgive those who have offended you." Luke 6:37

No comments:

Post a Comment