Monday, January 25, 2010

Class management!!!

When appoarching the management of my class and my students I try and teach with an approach that my students can feel comfortable coming into my class and asking questions, expressing their true feelings. I also try and have an approach where I my students can build their character in my classroom and also their confidence in their lifting/atheltic abilites grows. I recently came across a situation where one of my fellow teachers called a student a bad name and often does this on a daily bases. Usually the kids just shake it off and get through their lifts, but this student did not like it and told his parents. It bothered me very much to hear this teacher call this student a bad name and I saw the students face as he walked away. How in the world is this student suppose to feel confident in this classroom if there is a teacher who calls his students inapporiate things...UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!I left work with frustration and anger toward this situation. I went home and talked to my fiance and told me to be the opposite of that teacher, to be a positive reinforcement and actively tell this student and all my students how great their doing and to also properly correct lifts or concepts they need help with. I want to build my students character and not break it down. I feel like this was a diffucult lesson for me to learn, but it has taught me and reinforce the kind of teacher I definetly do NOT want to become!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment